Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Beginning in the End

Today was the last day of my photo class. I need one more art class for my degree and I am seriously considering taking another photo class. This one was a class specifically focused on digital photography, and even geared towards making great images when you only have a point-and-shoot. I think that I would like to take a real photo class where I learn about processes, spend time in a dark room etc... basically expand my base knowledge of the field while improving my images.

Before class yesterday most all of my classmates were complaining that this class was formatted the way it was. That is to say that it was focused on taking good, quality images, rather than a technical, here's how to use your cameras. I have two problems with that:
1: What is the point of learning the mechanics of the camera if you don't take good images. Isn't that the only reason you would want to know the mechanics?
2: HE TAUGHT US THE MECHANICS. I came out of the class knowing the difference between aperture, shutter speed and ISO. I know what to change to create the images i need. He even taught us ways to trick a point-and-shoot into adjusting these settings without actually having the capability to do so.

Whatever, I got what I wanted out of the class and I honestly wish that it was longer than 6 weeks. I am so grateful for it and so excited to continue going out with my camera!

I went over and hung out with Lily for awhile today and she is INSANE and ADORABLE. One day I will get a good image of her, but in the meantime I have this image that would have been better if I'd gotten more of the chair she's under (see, I learned something!!!)








Not even gonna lie: I have been looking for a great image of squares for awhile. My friend Sarah in Seattle is in love with them and I wanted to find some for her.





Leon: I honestly believe that this is my favorite image that I have taken so far. I love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment