Monday, June 21, 2010

Final Project

For my final project I wanted to do something pretty original that I could actually do. I am not the most talented artist, give me a pencil or a paint brush and you'll get some lines or splotches of color. That being said, I felt that turning in a portfolio would be kind of boring when he told us to be creative and "think outside the box".

I ended up stealing the idea from Kathryn, she did an AWESOME landscape that actually won a contest with the Solar Physics group at MSU. (At least I think that's who it was - Kathryn, correct me if I'm wrong)

All in all I used images from 23 different magazines, but it should be mentioned that almost the entire fence was from one image out of 6 copies of the same magazine...

This is the original image I chose to work with. It's one that had enough detail to be interesting, but not so much that it was impossible for me to finish in the week and a half I had to work with.




I have to apologize for these first images, the first is with my broken lens and the next 2 were with my camera phone. I figured it out after that...























Final Product (with a flash):


Final Product (without the flash):


Overall I am really happy with how it turned out. My favorite parts to do were the wheelbarrow body and the grass. ESPECIALLY the grass. It was fun to work with the textures.

This is out of focus but the only one I have that shows the detail on the grass and wheelbarrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment