Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Joys of Chick Lit and Book Five

There is a special place in my heart for chick lit! I decided that since this book was going to be the first book I'd read on my vacation, I wanted absolute brain candy: The Love of Her Life by Harriet Evans.

THIS was an impulse purchase if there ever was one. I'm not kidding when I say that I unpacked this book on Friday about a half hour before I was supposed to leave. It has the cheesiest cover (GLITTER everyone!!!) and I bought it without even reading the back.

I lucked out on this one. I do have to say that within the chick lit genre, anything British is like crack for me. This was no exception. All this being said. I already don't remember much about this book (I finished it less than an hour ago), and will probably never read it again.

I can't say that I'd recommend it really. There was nothing wrong with it and if you're a fan of the Shopaholic series or anything by Emily Griffin, you'll probably love it. What I mean to say that there are others I'd recommend much sooner than this. Jemima J comes to mind, and I may just make it one of my 50...

No comments:

Post a Comment