Saturday, August 28, 2010

New Experiences

So... Not doing so hot. Spain is beautiful and the people are wonderful. My old anxiety has flared up though and I have tons of time to kill so I have plenty of time to let it fester. Thought I'd distract myself a little bit by posting some images of the trip to Madrid, Cazalla de la Sierra, Cordóba and Sevilla, Spain and Sagres, Portugal. 

 Madrid
 I screwed up the exposure on this image but loved how it turned out anyway!

The way it was supposed to look:

Mom and Dad in the Plaza Mayor:

Cazalla de la Sierra
The church where my aunt and uncle were married, the  damage to the building right behind the top of the tree is a remnant from the Spanish Civil War and has been left for remembrance:




Sevilla
The Cathedral of Sevilla is the largest Gothic cathedral in the world. It was originally a mosque that was left when the Moors were expelled from Sevilla:

The view of Sevilla from the top of the tower (formerly used for the call to prayer when it was a mosque):

Detail in the interior of the Cathedral:

 Calle in Sevilla:


Cordóba
Outside the Mezquita:

Inside the Mezquita (also a former mosque that is now a cathedral):






In a castle outside Cordóba (I forget the name...):

Sagres, Portugal
Fortaleza de Sagres:



Beach in Sagres at sunrise:

Salamanca, Spain
First night, dinner in the Plaza Mayor with the family:





No comments:

Post a Comment